The GAE SWF Project 1.21 1.23
I just updated The GAE SWF Project to version
1.21 1.23. New source code for the update is now available for download.
All changes in this version are server-side:
- All requests apart from those to the PyAMF gateway go through the
IndexHandlerclass. The app.yaml file no longer maps /examples/.* URLs to the various example SWF applications. In other words, the SWF apps are simply handler classes now, not separate WSGI applications. The PyAMF gateway remains a separate WSGI application.
- Pulled out the server-side deep linking code from the initial example to a new
BaseSWFHandlerclass in the new gaeswf package. The handlers for all SWF examples will extend this class and call the
handleDeepLink()method to have regular deep links automatically converted to SWFAddress deep links.
- Removed the unnecessary examples and initial packages and placed all examples in the root of the examples package.
- Added 404 handling. Unknown URLs no longer fail silently.
- main.html template is now known as base.html.
- Added simple.html template for handlers that want to use base.html without the need for a separate template that extends it.
Update: I've updated the online version to 1.23 to change the 404 photo. I realized this morning that the original Creative Commons-licensed photo I had found on Flickr did not belong to the user who had published it on their account.)