Feathers Update 1.1 coming soon!
It's only been a week since the release of Feathers and I just submitted the first update to Apple.
The new update has two new styles and new magic quotes substitutions for you to play with. It also brings with it the option to turn of auto-correction (including auto-capitalization and those annoying periods that get autoinserted when you enter two spaces following a character.) Auto-correction is on by default but you may want to turn it off if you do a lot of Unicode art.
Finally, Nicolas will be happy to know, that the Feathers icon no longer displays the shine so you can see it as he always intended it to be seen! ☺
Hopefully, the update will be approved by Apple and go live on the App Store within a few days.
A full list of changes in Update 1.1 follows.
What's coming in Feathers 1.1
- Added two new text styles: 1337 and S̸t̸r̸i̸k̸e̸
- Magic quotes: Added new substitutions. —> and -> become →, <3 becomes ❤
- Magic quotes: Added two slightly more complex substitutions. Try out :)) and :((
- Added an option in the Settings to turn off autocorrection. This is useful if you use Feathers to make Unicode art as it won’t auto-insert periods, prompt you for word substitutions or ask you to capitalize letters. Autocorrection is on by default.
- Magic quotes: Fixed <— not rendering as ← (<- was already working).
- Made the little birdie’s “Tap me to tweet!” thought bubble more prominent since some users reported missing it. You are also now warned before you tweet the default welcome message.
- Fixed: The confirmation screen after sending feedback still had the old name of the app on it.
- Fixed: The icon no longer includes the auto-gloss reflection.