Hands-on: Introduction to ActionScript 2 Course
I will be teaching a 2-day course called Hands-on: Introduction to ActionScript 2 starting with the first class on January 27th-28th, 2005 in London (UK).
This course is aimed at designers and developers who have very little or no experience with ActionScript 2. You will also benefit from the course if you are an intermediate-level ActionScripter who wants to learn AS2 and object-oriented programming "the right way", perhaps brush up on the basics or make the jump from ActionScript 1 to ActionScript 2.
This is a hands-on course. You will learn to use ActionScript 2 in Flash by applying good object-oriented programming methods. You won’t be spending hours on theory but jumping right in with visual examples and getting your hands dirty with real-world ActionScript 2 that you can apply to your projects the moment the course is over! Not only that, but you will be learning good practices along the way: Things like using source control and separating your presentation logic (form) from your business logic (function). You will also learn to use parts of the open-source Ariaware RIA Platform (ARP) in your projects to give you an instance productivity boost. (ARP is a best-practices ActionScript 2 framework.)
After taking this course, you will be able to use ActionScript 2 in your daily projects and be more confident in your Flash development with your new-found skills and development knowledge. You will also be ready to continue on to become a full ActionScript guru by taking the second course in the series, the 2-day Hands-on: Best Practices Flash Development (first class: February 3rd-4th, details to be announced shortly.)
To maintain an extremely high standard of instruction and ensure a level of personal attention that would otherwise not be possible, the class size will be limited to only six students.Topics covered:
- How to link MovieClips to ActionScript classes and control them
- Events: Event-based programming – using listeners and events
- Transitions: Creating image and movie clip transitions using ActionScript 2
- Scripted time-based motion
- Forms-based development (using lightweight ARPForms)
- Using the Macromedia Version 2 Components
- Transferring data using Flash Remoting.
- Using Source Control (with the open-source Subversion source control system.)
- Separating your presentation logic from your business logic. The first step towards building manageable, scalable Flash applications and web sites.
- Object-oriented programming concepts such as classes, objects, inheritance, encapsulation, composition, etc.
The course price is £595 + VAT and the courses will be held at our venue by London Bridge.Discounts and Promotions:
- Sign up to attend both this course and Hands-on: Best Practices Flash and Flex Development and save £100 off the combined price!
- £50 early-bird discount if you sign up before Jan 14th
- £50 group discount (per person) for groups of 2 or more.
Note: You can combine the above promotions. So if you sign up as a group, for both classes, before January 14th, each attendee will get a £200 discount!
If you have questions or wish to sign up, please contact Ariaware Training at email@example.com, call +44 (0) 870 7542240 or fax +44 (0) 870 7517482.Ariaware Training is a service mark of Ariaware Limited, 36 Frederick Street, Brighton BN1 4TA, United Kingdom. Company No. 4474087