New Google App Engine Helper for Django released
A new version of the Google App Engine Helper for Django has been released.
Release notes (Wed 6 August 2008) follow:
This is the last version of the Google App Engine Helper for Django that will support Django 0.96. Future development of the helper will be targetted for the upcoming 1.0 release of Django.
- Improved SDK detection on Windows by looking at both the PATH variable that may be set by the installer and using the win32api module (if available) to look for the SDK in the default Program Files location.
- Replaced the startapp command with a version that installs an App Engine
Compatible application skeleton. Patch contributed by Andi Albrecht.
- Changed the default runserver port to 8000 to match standard Django behaviour. Path contributed by Waldemar Kornewald
- Email server settings from the Django settings file are provided to the App Engine Mail API. Patch contributed by Waldemar Kornewald
- Added support for the Django memcache cache backend. Patch contributed by Jonca Rafal.
- Added support for the Django session middle with db and cache backends for Django 1.0alpha only. Patches contributed by Jonca Rafal and Waldemar Kornewald
- Moved the Django compatible login_required decorator to the standard Django location. Patch contributed by Andi Albrecht
- Replaced the Django ModelForm class with the App Engine ModelForm class
- Added a repr implementation for the BaseModel class
- Many minor improvements to increase robustness and avoid errors if portions of Django are not present.
Via App Engine Guy/Mattias Johansson.